Weight loss is a journey. It’s not enough to change your physical activity. You also need to change your eating habits. The type of food that you eat can affect the progress of your weight loss. Therefore, you need to be smart when it comes to your food intake. You need to choose the right food to help you lose those excess pounds. We’ve compiled a list of the foods that help you lose weight.
1. Leafy Greens
Leafy greens are packed with fiber but are low in carbohydrates and calories. This makes them the ideal food for those who want to lose weight. Leafy greens such as spinach, kale, lettuce, and collards are loaded with minerals, vitamins, and antioxidants that the body needs.
2. Lean Meat
Although meat has been blamed for various health problems, there are types of meat that can aid in weight loss. Yes, processed meat is bad for the health. However, lean meat is high in protein, which makes it ideal for weight loss. Eating protein-rich food can help cut down your cravings. It can also help you burn more calories daily.
1. 90% Lean Ground Beef, 1lb, $5.60 at Amazon Fresh 2. Just Bare Chicken, Organic Boneless Skinless Breast Fillets, 1lb, $10.26 at AmazonFresh 3. Organic Grass-fed Ribeye Steak, $79.85 at Greensbury Market 4. Organic Turkey Breast, $63 at Rastelli Foods
Tuna is a popular food among fitness buffs and bodybuilders. It’s a lean fish that’s packed with protein. You can include it in your diet to help you lose weight because it has low fat and calorie content. You can eat it fresh or canned. However, if you choose a canned tuna, select the one in water instead of oil.
1. StarKist Chunk Light Tuna in Water, $7.88 at Amazon.com 2. Chicken of the Sea White Albacore Tuna in Water, $5.48 at Amazon.com 3. Yellowfin Tuna, Skin Off, $8.32 at AmazonFresh 4. Yellow Fin Tuna Steak, $77.19 at Charleston Seafood
4. Cruciferous Veggies
Cruciferous vegetables are rich in fiber and has a decent protein content. These types of vegetables are filling but are low in calories. You can include cruciferous veggies such as cauliflower, broccoli, brussels sprouts, and cabbage to your diet to help you lose weight.
Salmon is rich in Omega-3 fatty acids. It’s a good source of healthy fat, protein, iodine, and antioxidants. Iodine in salmon helps the thyroid function properly. As a result, your metabolism keeps on running. Aside from salmon, you can also try sardines, mackerel, and trout, which are healthy types of oily fish.
1. Marine Harvest Fresh Atlantic Salmon, $10.42 at AmazonFresh 2. Aji (Horse Mackerel) Sashimi Fillet, $24.50 at AmazonFresh 3. Wild Planet Wild Sardines in Extra Virgin Olive Oil, $28.49 at Amazon.com 4. Farm Fresh Raised Whole Cleaned Rainbow Trout, $17.55 at AmazonFresh
Nuts have a high fat content but are not fattening. It’s a healthy snack that’s rich in fiber, healthy fats, and protein. Based on studies, eating nuts can help improve your metabolic health and help you lose weight. You can mix different types of nuts and store it in an airtight container. Whenever you need a quick snack or an energy boost, you can enjoy your mixed nuts.
1. Wild Soil Almonds, $24.98 at Wild Soil Almonds 2. 365 Everyday Value, Roasted & Unsalted Cashews, $7.99 at AmazonFresh 3. Pistachio Kernels, $12.09 at JMO Online UK 4. Roasted and Unsalted Peanuts, $3.49 at AmazonFresh
7. Whole Grains
Some grains are healthier than others. Whole grains contain fiber and protein. Eating these foods can help boost your metabolism and avoid the extra calories. You can try brown rice, oats, quinoa, and whole grain bread.
1. 365 Everyday Value, Long Grain Brown Rice, $5.99 at Amazon.com 2. Dave’s Killer Bread, 21 Whole Grains, $6.27 at AmazonFresh 3. Nature’s Earthly Choice Organic Quinoa, $7.40 at Amazon.com 4. 365 Everyday Value, Organic Old-Fashioned Rolled Oats, $2.99 at AmazonFresh
Eating fruits is also a great way to lose weight. Fruits have high nutritional value and low in calorie content. Adding more fruits to your diet makes it easier for you to shed off your extra pounds because these foods help aid your digestion and metabolism.
9. Beans and Legumes
Beans, as well as legumes, are rich in protein and fiber. They aid in keeping your cravings at bay. They are also filling; therefore, you won’t have to feel hungry often. Try kidney beans, black beans, lentils, and garbanzo beans.
1. 365 Everyday Value, Organic Green Lentils, $2.99 at Amazon.com 2. 365 Everyday Value, Organic Garbanzo Beans, $0.99 at AmazonFresh 3. 365 Everyday Value, Organic Black Beans, $0.99 at AmazonFresh 4. 365 Everyday Value, Organic Kidney Beans, $0.99 at AmazonFresh
You might be surprised but there are many drinks that can aid in weight loss. Some of these drinks include water, coffee, wine, and green tea. Green tea, coffee, and wine have antioxidants that are good for the body. Water helps you quench your thirst and keep the body hydrated without the extra calories. However, you need to drink in moderation to avoid adverse effects on your weight and health.
1. Robert Mondavi Winery Cabernet Sauvignon, $21.99 at Amazon.com 2. Authentic Maeda-en Japanese Sencha Green Tea, $17.39 at JDJ Trading Co. 3.Lavazza Caffe Espresso Ground Coffee Blend, Medium Roast, $22.81 at Amazon.com 4. Nestle Pure Life Bottled Purified Water, $8.00 at Zui Deals
Selecting the foods that help you lose weight makes it easier for you to shed off your extra calories. You can eat your way to a healthier you with these foods.
Just a disclaimer – We have partnered with these companies because we use their products and/or proudly trust and endorse them – so we do receive a commission if you make a purchase or sign up for services. Often, we are able to negotiate special discounts and/or bonuses, which we will pass on to you via our links. We often get short notice on sale items available for 24-48 hours as we will pass these savings onto you.