Thanksgiving is near. Have you thought about what to serve for your Thanksgiving dinner? You may already plan to serve your famous roasted Turkey and gravy. However, a pie for dessert is as important as any roast during Thanksgiving. Try these simple pie recipes that are easy to bake. Serve them as dessert on your Thanksgiving dinner to end the celebrations sweetly.
Meta Given’s Pumpkin Pie
Pumpkin pies are also a must-have when hosting a Thanksgiving dinner. You can easily make one at home and serve them fresh after a hearty Thanksgiving meal. These are the ingredients you need to make this pie:
- 1 ¾ cup of fresh or canned pumpkin puree
- ¾ cup of sugar
- ½ teaspoon of salt
- 1 teaspoon of cinnamon, ground
- ½ teaspoon of ginger, ground
- 1 cup of cream
- ½ cup of milk
- 2 eggs
- Unpricked, unbaked and chilled 9-inch pie shell
- Place the fresh or canned pumpkin puree into a saucepan and heat for about 10 minutes. You should achieve a slightly caramelized consistency. Make sure to stir frequently. Remove the saucepan from the heat but keep the caramelized pumpkin puree hot.
- Mix the spices, sugar, and salt into the hot pumpkin puree.
- Beat the eggs and add them into the pumpkin puree.
- Mix in the milk and cream into the puree until the mixture is smooth.
- Pour the puree into the unbaked pie shell and bake into the oven at 400°F for 25 up to 30 minutes or until the pie crust is golden brown.
- Once the pie is already baked, cool it on a cake rack before cutting and serving them to your guests.
This recipe makes 6 servings.
Sweet Potato Pie
You can also bake an alternative to pumpkin pies. This sweet potato pie is a great dessert that you can also serve during Thanksgiving. You need these ingredients to recreate this recipe at home:
- 2 cups of mashed sweet potato
- 1 ¼ cups of sugar
- ½ cup of evaporated milk
- 6 tablespoons of softened butter
- 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon of lemon extract
- 1 teaspoon of all purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 3 eggs
- 1 unbaked 9-inch pie crust
- Preheat your oven to 350°F.
- Using a mixer, blend the sugar, evaporated milk, softened butter, vanilla extract, lemon extract cinnamon, and all purpose flour together.
- Once all the ingredients are blended, add the 3 eggs until the filling has a smooth texture.
- Spoon the filling into the unbaked pie crust.
- Bake the pie for one hour or until the filling is firm.
Allow the pie to cool after baking. Slice and serve to your guests for them to enjoy every bite.
Thanksgiving Dinner Table Essentials
When you are hosting a Thanksgiving dinner, a well-prepared and decorated table gives an inviting feeling. Your guests will feel at home as they enjoy the sumptuous food you’ve prepared. These are the Thanksgiving dinner table essentials you can use to create an exquisite, as well as delectable, Thanksgiving feast.
For your set-up, you can invest in quality dinnerware that are durable enough to hold mouthwatering dishes. Placemats and table napkins are also necessary to keep your table clean. They also serve as additional dining table décor. Matching drinking glass and pitcher also adds more personality to your dinner table. Here are some of the essentials we’ve found:
1. Set of 4 Oval Placemats, Food52.com | 2. Organic Ceramic Dinnerware, Food52.com | 3. American-Made Woodstock Flatware, Food52.com | 4. Handblown Moroccan Glass Pitcher, Food52.com | 5. Set of 6 Handblown Moroccan Glasses, Food52.com
Decorated and chic serving plates are also great additions to your Thanksgiving dinner table. They keep your food warm and they make the food you prepared look extra appetizing. Pie stands, carving boards, and gravy boats are all perfect for your Thanksgiving feast. Get these items just in time for your festive dinner:
6. Handblown Hartland Cake Stand and Dome, Food52.com | 7. Emile Henry Classic Ceramic Pie Dish, Food52.com | 8. Pewter Gravy Boat, Food52.com | 9. Wide Rimmed Antique Oval Pewter Platter, Food52.com | 10. Brushed Gold Pie Server, Food52.com
During any gatherings and celebrations, there is always room for dessert! Try these simple pie recipes to add more sweetness to your Thanksgiving dinner. For more Thanksgiving recipes, you can visit TeelieTurner.com. You can also check out our previous posts here:
Just a disclaimer – We have partnered with these companies because we use their products and/or proudly trust and endorse them – so we do receive a commission if you make a purchase or sign up for services. Often, we are able to negotiate special discounts and/or bonuses, which we will pass on to you via our links. We often get short notice on sale items available for 24-48 hours as we will pass these savings onto you.