Appetizers are a great way to start a full meal. They can also be a dish that’s filling and satisfying, depending on the kind of appetizer that you are cooking. If you’re new to cooking but want to make a sumptuous appetizer, try these easy appetizer recipes.
Creamy Mushroom Soup
Soups are a staple when it comes to the start of a three-course meal.
Mushroom soup is one of the most common types of soups that many people enjoy. This is an easy mushroom soup recipe that you and your family are sure to enjoy. Prepare the ingredients and follow these cooking directions.
- 1 pound of mixed mushrooms, cleaned and stems separated from the caps
- 1 pound of cremini mushrooms, cleaned and stems separated from the caps
- ½ cup of minced shallot
- 3 tablespoons of olive oil
- 6 sprigs of thyme
- 1 sprig of rosemary
- ¼ cup of cognac
- 4 cups of rich homemade chicken stock
- ¼ cup of whipping cream
- ¼ cup of chives, chopped
- salt and pepper to taste
- Chop the mushroom stems and simmer in the chicken broth for about an hour. Be sure to cover the pot.
- Heat oil in a large skillet. Saute the shallots until they are transparent. Add the herbs, salt, and pepper.
- Chop the mushroom caps into 1/2 –inch dice and add them to the shallots. Keep your heat at a very low setting. Cook them until the mushrooms’ liquid is already released. Remove the rosemary and thyme.
- Turn the heat into a high setting and add in the cognac. Cook the mushrooms and shallots until they are brown on the edges.
- Strain the mushroom stems from your chicken broth.
- Add the mushroom caps and shallots into the strained broth. Heat them gently.
- Add in the cream and chives.
- Serve and enjoy.
Make it easier for you to create this dish by getting these kitchen tools and gadgets:
(1) Modern Cast Iron Deep Lidded Skillet, Food52.com (2) 3-Piece Laguiole en Aubrac Essential Knives, Food52.com (3) Field Cast Iron Skillet, Food52.com (4) Matte Black Natural Fiber Cutting Board, Food52.com (5) Mauviel M’steel Round Frying Pan, Food52.com
Okonomiyaki is a popular Japanese savory pancake that is made from a variety of ingredients. You can create different versions, depending on the ingredients that you want. This okonomiyaki recipe is easy to make and you can create different ones based on you or your family’s preference.
Ingredients for the sauce:
- ½ cup of mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons of soy sauce
- 2 teaspoons of sriracha
- Ingredients for the okonomiyaki:
- 5 eggs, large
- 1 teaspoon of soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon of sesame oil
- 1 teaspoon of sea salt
- 1/3 cup of all-purpose flour
- 2 cups of cabbage, finely chopped or shredded
- 1 bunch of scallions, chopped and trimmed
- ¾ cup of shrimp, chopped
- ¾ cup of canola oil
- 1 to 2 tablespoons of toasted sesame seeds
- 1 pinch of bonito flakes
- Whisk all the sauce ingredients and set aside.
- Using a large mixing bowl, whisk together the eggs, soy sauce, sesame oil, and salt.
- Add the flour gradually.
- Add in the scallions, cabbage, and shrimp.
- In a skillet, heat the canola oil over medium heat.
- Scoop a portion of the okonomiyaki batter into the skillet. Cook each side for at least 3 minutes or until the pancake is golden brown.
- Once the okonomiyaki is cooked, set aside. Sprinkle sesame seeds and bonito flakes over the okonomiyaki and serve with the sauce.
Purchase these kitchen tools to make it easier for you to recreate this okonomiyaki recipe.
(1) Pantry Mixing Bowls, Food52.com (2) Field Cast Iron Skillet, Food52.com (3) Nordic Ware Silver Dollar Pancake Pan, Food52.com (4) 2-Piece Set Silicone Grip Whisk, Food52.com (5) Food52 x Rosti Mepal Margrethe Nested Mixing Bowls and Specialty Lids, Food52.com
Shop for other kitchen gadgets and tools here:
For more recipes, you can visit TeelieTurner.com. Here are some of our sample recipes you might enjoy:
Just a disclaimer – We have partnered with these companies because we use their products and/or proudly trust and endorse them – so we do receive a commission if you make a purchase or sign up for services. Often, we are able to negotiate special discounts and/or bonuses, which we will pass on to you via our links. We often get short notice on sale items available for 24-48 hours as we will pass these savings onto you.