Springtime is finally here. It’s a season where everything is in full bloom. Colors are everywhere – even in food. Some food just can’t help it but remind you of the beauty and vibrance of spring. We’ve found some easy home recipes that symbolize the life and color that spring brings out. Try these easy recipes and enjoy their flavorful taste this spring season.
Spring Fennel and Dandelion Green Slaw
This recipe lets you create a salad that’s colorful, as well as flavorful. It’s very easy to make and all you need are a few fresh ingredients. Preparation time is also as easy as pie! Prepare these ingredients and start making your own salad!
- 1 bulb of fennel
- ¼ cup of chopped cilantro
- ½ bunch of roughly chopped dandelion greens
- 1/3 cup of scallions or green onions
- 1 tablespoons of olive oil
- 1 teaspoon of honey
- 1 lemon
- ½ teaspoon of black mustard seed
- ¼ teaspoon of salt
- Cut out the root portion of the fennel bulb. Slice thinly.
- Squeeze half of the lemon over the fennel bulb slices to prevent them from turning brown.
- Add in the cilantro, green onions, and dandelion greens.
- Heat the olive oil in a skillet over medium heat. Add the mustard seeds when the oil is already hot. Cook the seeds for a minute.
- In a small bowl, squeeze the remaining half of the lemon. Add in the honey, olive oil, salt, and mustard seeds. Whisk the ingredients together.
- Pour the dressing onto the salad. Mix well and serve.
This healthy and refreshing dish surely makes you think of springtime. Use these tools to make your cooking experience easier.
(1) 11-Inch Modern Cast Iron Deep Lidded Skillet, Food52.com (2) Set of 2 Silicone Grip Whisk, Food52.com (3) Veggie Chop Pro, Food52.com (4) Set of 2 Food52 x GreenPan Nonstick Skillet, Food52.com (5) Multi-Function Silicone Pot Insert, Food52.com
Find other tools you can use for this recipe here:
Sparkling Rhubarb Lemonade
Preparing homemade lemonade at home is always a treat for your family or guests. It’s a refreshing drink that lets you think of the beauty of springtime. This easy recipe only takes a few minutes. Get these ingredients and try this recipe out.
- 3 ½ cups of water
- 5 cups of fresh or frozen rhubarb, chopped
- ¾ cups of sugar
- 2 pieces of 3-inch strips of lemon zest
- 3 sprigs of fresh mint
- 1 cup of freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 2 cups of sparkling water or lemon lime soda
- Stir the water, sugar, lemon, rhubarb pieces, mint, and lemon zest. Bring the mixed ingredients to a boil. Be sure to stir until all the sugar has melted.
- Reduce the head and cover to let it simmer for about 20 minutes.
- Set aside and let the rhubarb mixture cool down. Once done, strain the mixture using a strainer and pour the mixture in a pitcher. Straining will help you remove the solids from your homemade drink.
- Stir the lemon juice in and serve over ice. You can put mint over the drink for an added décor.
This recipe serves 6 refreshingly delicious drinks. It’s refreshing and perfect for spring! You may want to try these items to help you make this drink:
(1) Shatterproof Outdoor Drinkware and Decanter, Food52.com (2) Japanese Yukhira Saucepan, Food52.com (3) Limited Edition Dansk Kobenstyle Pastels, Food52.com (4) Ice Box with Reversible Lid, Food52.com (5) Multi-Function Silicone Pot Insert, Food52.com
Get these other kitchen items you can use for this recipe:
Roasted Salmon with Vietnamese Caramel Sauce
The freshness of roasted salmon is another dish perfect for the spring. Every bite is flavorful and refreshing to the taste. This dish is perfect for lunch or dinner. It’s super quick and easy to make but is packed with a lot of flavor. Get these ingredients and start making this dish:
- 7 ounces of salmon fillets
- 3 tablespoons of soy sauce
- 3 tablespoons of fish sauce
- 1 tablespoon of olive oil
- ½ cup of brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon of freshly grated ginger
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 lime, juiced
- chopped cilantro for serving
- 3-4 chopped scallions for serving
- 1 red chili
- lime, edged for serving
- steamed rice for serving
- Preheat your over to 425°F.
- Line your baking sheet with foil or parchment paper.
- Place the salmon fillets with the skin side down on the baking sheet.
- Brush the salmon fillets with a bit of olive oil and sprinkle salt and pepper on them.
- Roast the salmon fillets in the oven for 11 to 12 minutes or until the fillets have an opaque center.
- Over medium heat, add the fish sauce, soy sauce, ginger, brown sugar, and lime into a frying pan. Stir them together until the sugar is completely dissolved and until the consistency becomes thick and syrupy.
- Once the salmon fillets are roasted, plate them on top of the steamed rice. Drizzle a generous amount of sauce on them.
- Garnish with some cilantro, chili, scallions, and lime wedges.
This recipe makes 4 servings. You can purchase these items that are perfect for recreating this recipe easily:
(1) Nordic Ware Prism Aluminum Baking Sheets, Food52.com (2) ZWILLING J.A. Henckels Pro Essential Prep Knives, Food52.com (3) Matte Black Natural Fiber Cutting Board, Food52.com (4) Oven-Safe Turkey and Roast Platter, Food52.com (5) Food52 x Farmhouse Pottery Double Oven Mitt, Food52.com
Purchase all these other items, too:
These easy home recipes are filling and tasty – just perfect for a spring lunch! These colorful dishes remind you of the beauty and vibrant nature of the spring season. If you enjoyed these recipes, you’ll surely enjoy our other recipes below. You can also visit TeelieTurner.com for more easy recipes that you can do at home.
Just a disclaimer – We have partnered with these companies because we use their products and/or proudly trust and endorse them – so we do receive a commission if you make a purchase or sign up for services. Often, we are able to negotiate special discounts and/or bonuses, which we will pass on to you via our links. We often get short notice on sale items available for 24-48 hours as we will pass these savings onto you.