Thanksgiving is a celebration that allows you to appreciate your blessings. It’s a perfect occasion that lets you show how thankful you are for your friends and family. To show your gratitude towards them, there’s nothing like showing it through your cooking. These easy Thanksgiving recipes are sure to let your guests know that you are thankful for them.
Butter and Herb Roast Turkey
Enjoy a delectably roasted turkey that’s juicy on the inside yet crispy on the outside. This dish is simply perfect for Thanksgiving because everyone is sure to enjoy it. Create this dish using these ingredients:
For the compound butter:
- 16 tablespoons of salted butter stored at room temperature
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 3 sprigs of fresh thyme with the leaves removed
- 3 fresh sage leave, chopped
- 2 teaspoons of lemon zest
For the turkey:
- one 18-pound turkey
- homemade compound butter
- salt and pepper to taste
- olive oil
Directions for the compound butter:
- Crush the garlic clove using a mortar and pestle. Add a pinch of salt to the garlic.
- Add the sage, thyme, and lemon zest to the garlic and crush the ingredients all together.
- Using a small mixing bowl, add the crushed garlic mixture and the softened butter together.
- Set this aside if you’re going to add it to the turkey immediately.
Directions for the turkey:
- Preheat your oven to 325°F.
- Make sure that your turkey is clean and dry.
- Loosen the skin from the breast meat using your fingers. Be sure to avoid tearing the skin.
- Spread the compound butter under the turkey skin.
- Bind the turkey legs using butchers twine and place the turkey on a rack and roasting pan.
- Rub olive oil on the turkey and season it with salt and pepper.
- Put the turkey in the oven and roast for about three hours.
- You can check the turkey if it’s already done by inserting a thermometer on the turkey thigh’s thickest part.
- The turkey will be ready when it reaches the temperature of 150°F.
- Once the turkey is done, remove it from the oven and brush it using the compound butter.
This dish will serve more than 10 guests.
Pumpkin and Tahini Pie with Chocolate Pie Crust
This Thanksgiving, you and your guest can enjoy a delicious dessert that truly symbolizes Thanksgiving. Bake a pumpkin pie and your guests are sure to feel the joy of Thanksgiving. This Pumpkin and Tahini Pie with Chocolate Pie Crust recipe needs an hour of preparation time and an hour of cooking time. Prepare the following ingredients to recreate this recipe:
For the pumpkin and tahini pie:
- One 15-ounce can of pumpkin puree
- ½ cup of tahini
- 2 eggs
- ¾ cups of sugar
- 1 ½ teaspoon of ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon of salt
- ½ teaspoon of ginger, ground
- ¼ teaspoon of clove, ground
- ¼ teaspoon of nutmeg, ground
- 2/3 cup of whole milk
- whipped cream
For the chocolate pie crust:
- ½ cup of butter
- 1/3 cup of water
- ¼ cup of cocoa powder
- 1 ½ cup of flour
- ¼ cup of sugar
- 1 teaspoon of salt
- Cut the butter into chunks about ½ inch in size. Place the butter into the freezer, as well as the 1/3 cup water to keep chilled.
- In a food processor, place the cocoa powder, salt, flour, and sugar. Pulse the ingredients to combine them.
- Add the chilled butter into the mixture and pulse until the butter breaks into pea-sized bits.
- While the food processor is running, add in the water to make the dough crumbly yet damp enough for you to press together using your fingers.
- Place the dough into a plastic wrap sheet. Wrap it tightly for an hour.
- When you are ready to bake, dust your workspace with flour and roll the dough into a circle with a 12-inch diameter.
- Allow an allowance of an inch to cover a 9-inch round pie pan.
- Tuck the edges under the dough and crimp the pie sides.
- Chill the dough in the fridge while you’re making the filling.
- Preheat your oven to 425°F.
- Using your food processor, puree the tahini, eggs, pumpkin puree, salt, cinnamon, sugar, ginger, nutmeg, and clove.
- As the food processor is running, stream in the 2/3 cup of whole milk.
- Once the milk is mixed well with the puree, pour in the smooth and creamy mixture into the pie crust.
- Bake the pie n the oven for at least 15 minutes.
- Adjust the heat to 350°F and bake for another 35 minutes.
- Once the pie is done, remove it from the oven and allow it to cool.
Serve this dish in slices. Top each slice with whipped cream and enjoy!
Must-Have Thanksgiving Kitchen Tools
Now that you are preparing a Thanksgiving feast, you can get these kitchen tools to make your preparation and cooking time easier.
1. Laguiole en Aubrac Juniper Carving Set
Thanksgiving is all about the roast! This carving set will make it easier for you to carve your chicken or turkey. Get the set here.
2. Gravy Separator
Create a delectable gravy with the help of this gravy separator. You and your guests will enjoy your homemade gravy that’s not too greasy and not too fatty. Just perfect for a carved Thanksgiving roast. Purchase it here.
3. Mauviel Stainless Steel Roasting Pan with Rack
This roasting pan and rack is made with a heavy duty, thick, and five-ply aluminum core. Roasting your favorite dishes is now made easy! Get one here.
4. Five Two Double-Sided Cutting Board
This cutting board is perfect for preparing your ingredients and for serving a perfectly roasted chicken or turkey. Buy it here.
5. Staub Fry Pan
This versatile fry pan can be used to fry different savory dishes or create desserts easily. It’s great for creating Thanksgiving dishes. You can grab it here.
6. Staub Cast Iron Pumpkin Cocotte
If you’re making pot roast or soup dishes for Thanksgiving, this cast iron pumpkin cocotte is perfect for you. Serve your dishes in this pumpkin-themed cookware to complete your Thanksgiving feast. Purchase it here.
7. Food52 x Staub 2-in-1 Grill Pan and Cocotte
Cook a variety of dishes at once using this 2-in-1 grill pan and cocotte. You can cook soup or rice dishes while you grill meats or prepare a savory dish. You can buy it here.
8. Emile Henry Classic Ceramic Pie Dish
Perfect for creating your favorite Thanksgiving pie, you can use this beautiful ceramic dish to add more flair to your desserts. Get it here.
9. To-Go Casserole Carrier
This 2-Set casserole carrier is ideal for bringing home leftover dishes after a Thanksgiving party. You can easily store any dish in it for you to bring home. Buy this here.
10. Glass 3-Piece Mixing Bowl Set
Make mixing and baking extra fun! This 3-piece mixing bowl set has a vintage feel that adds a home-y vibe to your kitchen. Available in different shades: pink, jadeite, purple, robin egg blue, milk, and grey swirl. Purchase a set here.
These easy Thanksgiving recipes are quick and easy to do. You can create an instant Thanksgiving feast easily. Visit TeelieTurner.com for more easy-to-do recipes. You can try our previous recipes here:
Just a disclaimer – We have partnered with these companies because we use their products and/or proudly trust and endorse them – so we do receive a commission if you make a purchase or sign up for services. Often, we are able to negotiate special discounts and/or bonuses, which we will pass on to you via our links. We often get short notice on sale items available for 24-48 hours as we will pass these savings onto you.