Fourth of July is another occasion where you can celebrate the good times. It’s a day to be thankful for freedom and independence. It’s also a perfect time to cook up a storm! Invite your guests over for some good ol’ homecooked meals that they will surely enjoy. Try these Fourth of July recipes at home. You’ll be able to serve these delectable dishes in no time.
Easy Fourth of July Recipes
View this post on Instagram
These easy recipes for Fourth of July will help you create a festive feat for you and your guests.
Potato and Chive Salad
This mayo-free salad is a perfect choice if you want to cut down on calories without compromising the taste. Try making this recipe and serve it as a side dish or an appetizer. Prepare the ingredients below.
- 2 pounds of potatoes
- ½ cup of chopped fresh chives
- 1/3 cup of olive oil
- 1 teaspoon of Dijon mustard
- 2 tablespoons of white wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons of chopped fresh flat leaf parsley
- black pepper and Kosher salt to taste
Direction for cooking:
- Summer the potatoes in water until they are tender. Be sure to add salt to the water.
- Cut potatoes into quarters.
- In a blender, puree the olive oil, chives, Dijon mustard, white wine vinegar, black pepper, and Kosher salt. Make sure that the mixture is smooth.
- Add the puree and the sauce flat-leaf parsley to the potatoes. Toss and combine the ingredients thoroughly.
- Serve and enjoy!
(1) Mosser Glass 3-Piece Glass Mixing Bowl Set, Food52.com (2) Primus Lightweight 2-in-1 Camp Pot and Pan, Food52.com (3) Rosti Mepal Food52 x Rosti Mepal Margrethe Nested Mixing Bowls and Specialty Lids, Food52.com (4) Ekobo Food52 x Ekobo Recycled Bamboo Colander and Pour Bowl Set, Food52.com (5) Mepra Outdoor Italian Salad Bowls and Salad Servers, Food52.com
You can also shop for other kitchenware and serve ware here:
Everyone loves a great barbecue. This barbecue chicken recipe is perfect if you’re serving a lot of guests. It’s a finger food that’s easy to eat. Prepare these ingredients to start making them.
- 1 bottle Sweet Baby Rays Barbecue Sauce
- 1 stick butter
- 2 packets Italian seasoning
- 14 chicken drumsticks
- a dash of basil
Directions for cooking:
- Preheat your oven to 350°C.
- Using a large saucepan, melt the butter on medium heat.
- Whisk in the Italian seasoning, barbecue sauce, and basil. Bring all the ingredients into a boil.
- Dip the drumsticks into the mixture and place them into a 9×13 pan.
- Bake the drumsticks in the oven for about 30 minutes.
- Preheat your grill to medium low when you’re halfway into baking the drumsticks.
- Remove the drumsticks from the oven. Dip them again into the sauce and grill for about 15 to 20 minutes.
- Serve with your chosen side dishes.
If you prefer not to grill the chicken, you can do so. Simply add another 15 minutes to the baking time in the oven and your chicken are good to go! You can also try this alternative recipe from Food52.com.
Grab these kitchen tools to help you recreate this recipe:
(1) DANSK Food 52 x Dansk Kobenstyle Saucepan, Food52.com (2) Kotaigrill Hibachi 18-Inch Grill, Food52.com (3) Baking Steel Double Burner Griddle, Food52.com (4) Farmhouse Pottery Food52 x Farmhouse Pottery Double Oven Mitt and Apron Gift Set, Food52.com (5) Laguiole en Aubrac Grill Set, Food52.com
You can also find other useful tools for your kitchen here:
Homemade Ice Cream Cake Bombe
Lastly, you need something easy to create for your dessert. A homemade ice cream cake bombe is exactly what you want to make. It’s easy to prepare and assemble. Get the ingredients and follow these steps:
- 6 cups of Blue Bell strawberry ice cream
- 5 cups of Blue Bell chocolate chip ice cream
- 4 cups of Blue Bell pistachio almond ice cream
- 2 cups of Blue Bell Dutch chocolate ice cream
Directions for cooking:
- Using a plastic wrap, line a 3-quart mixing bowl – preferably a metal one. Leave an overhang of 2 inches all around the bowl. Freeze it for 10 minutes.
- Mash the strawberry ice cream until the consistency becomes spreadable.
- Coat the mixing bowl you prepared with the ice cream evenly. Freeze it for 2 hours.
- Repeat steps 2 and 3 until you’re done with all the ice cream flavors.
- Cover the mixing bowl with a plastic wrap and freeze for 8 hours.
- Serve this ice cream bombe to your guests by flipping it over to a serving dish.
- Add sprinkles and some sparklers for a more festive effect.
Kids and adults will love this ice cream cake. It’s a great way to end the celebration on the sweet side. You can also try this alternative recipe out. Simply go to Food52.com.
Grab these kitchen tools to create your own ice cream cake:
(1) Coppermill Kitchen Vintage Copper French Mixing Bowl Stamped Paris, Late 19th Century, Food52.com (2) Farmhouse Pottery 11-Inch Stoneware Pie Plate, Food52.com (3) Fortessa Tableware Solutions Set of 12 Grand City Dessert Spoons, Food52.com (4) Art et Manufacture Set of 4 Porcelain Dessert Plates, Food52.com (5) Nordic Ware Set of 4 Celebration Layer Cake Pans, Food52.com
You can also shop for other items you can use for this recipe here:
Have fun recreating these Fourth of July recipes! You and your guests will surely love these dishes as you celebrate independence. Make sure to follow the recipes step by step.
For more recipes you can try at home, go to TeelieTurner.com. Teelie Turner has a wide variety of delectable recipes you can try out. They are quick and easy. Here are some of our previous posts below:
Just a disclaimer – We have partnered with these companies because we use their products and/or proudly trust and endorse them – so we do receive a commission if you make a purchase or sign up for services. Often, we are able to negotiate special discounts and/or bonuses, which we will pass on to you via our links. We often get short notice on sale items available for 24-48 hours as we will pass these savings onto you.