If you’re used to eating meat last year, why don’t you try something new this 2019? After all, a new year is an opportunity to try new things. This year, add more fish to your diet. Eating fish has many health benefits such as lowered risk of strokes and heart attacks, preventing depression, a great Vitamin D and fatty acid source, reduced risk or autoimmune diseases, improved quality of sleep, and many more. Eating fish does not only give you variety when it comes to the food you eat, but also provide many benefits to your health and nutrition. If you want to add fish to your regular meals, you can try these healthy fish recipes that you can easily prepare and cook.
James Peterson’s Baked Fish Fillets with Butter and Sherry
Easy and delicious are what best describes this dish. You can taste a dish that’s full of flavors under 30 minutes. This recipe takes 8 minutes to prepare and 12 minutes to cook. It cooks 4 servings. Prepare these items to recreate this recipe:
- 2 pounds of any white non-oily fish that’s in season, filleted
- 1 dash or salt
- 1 dash of pepper
- 3 tablespoons of unsalted butter, extra virgin olive oil, or herb butter
- 3 tablespoons of dry sherry
- 1 tablespoon of parsley, finely chopped
- Preheat your oven to 400°F.
- Season your fish fillets with salt and pepper.
- Rub butter on the casserole with butter or olive oil.
- Arrange the filleted fish evenly.
- Sprinkle olive oil or butter on the fish.
- Sprinkle with parsley and sherry.
- Bake the fish for 12 minutes.
- Check if the fish is done by testing if the fillets pull apart.
- Once done, serve with the melted butter and enjoy.
Make it easier for your to do this recipe by getting these kitchenware and tools:
(1) Dutch Deluxes Dutch Leather Oven Mitt, Food52 (2) Staub Ivory Rustic Ceramic Rectangular Baking Dishes, Food52 (3) Staub White Ceramic Covered Baking Dish, Food52 (4) Opinel Essential Kitchen Knives Set, Food52 (5) Set of 3 GIR Silicone Kitchen Spoons, Food52
Slow Roasted Salmon with Capers, Dill and Lemon
Slow roasting anything is easy but always results to some of the most delectable dishes you will ever taste. Try this recipe for example. It’s quick and easy but you’ll end up with a hearty meal. Get these ingredients and try this recipe out:
- 2 to 2.5 pounds of salmon fillet
- ¼ cup of chopped dill
- 2 tablespoons of chopped capers
- 1 zested lemon
- 2 tablespoons of extra virgin olive oil
- salt and pepper
- Preheat your oven to 300 degrees.
- Use a parchment paper to line your sheet pan.
- Lay the salmon fillet on the paper and sprinkle the capers, dill, lemon zest, salt, and pepper on the fillets.
- Drizzle some olive oil on the fillets.
- Allow the flavors to get into the salmon for at least 30 minutes.
- Slow roast your salmon fillets for 22 to 27 minutes.
- Once cooked, plate each fillet, squeeze some lemon juice on each fillet and serve.
Purchase these kitchen tools to make it easier to recreate this recipe:
(1) Nordic Ware Prism Aluminum Baking Sheets, Food52 (2) ZWILLING J.A. Henckels Pro Chef’s Knife (7 Inches), Food52 (3) Epicurean Matte Black Natural Fiber Cutting Board, Food52 (4) Farmhouse Factory Food52 x Farmhouse Pottery Double Oven Mitt, Food52 (5) Crow Canyon Home Set of 2 Enamel Roasting Pans, Food52
Panko Crusted Fish Sticks with Lime and Tarragon Aioli
Get your kids to enjoy fish as well. These freshly made fish sticks are sure to captivate their tastes. You need 30 minutes to prepare This recipe takes a bit of time to prepare and cook but you’ll be happy once you’ve taken a bite out of these fish sticks. Get these ingredients and start making this dish:
Ingredients for the aioli:
- 2 garlic cloves, large
- ¼ cup and 2 tablespoons of olive oil
- 2 egg yolks
- 1 teaspoon of lime zest
- 1 tablespoon of fresh tarragon, chopped
- ½ teaspoon of sea salt
- 1 pinch of freshly ground black pepper
- ½ cup (less 2 tablespoons) of canola or vegetable oil
Ingredients for the fish sticks:
- 1 cup of oil
- 1 pound of firm or semi firm fish
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1 cup of panko
- 1 pink of salt and pepper
Directions for the aioli:
- In a small sauce pan, add the garlic cloves to the olive oil. Simmer on very low heat. Avoid getting the garlic brown.
- Turn off the heat and let the garlic sit on the olive oil. Allow it to cool.
- In a blender, add the egg yolks, tarragon, cooled garlic cloves, lime zest, salt and pepper.
- Run the blender slowly and add the garlic-infused olive oil and vegetable oil.
- Adjust the citrus taste and seasoning based on your taste and preference.
Directions for the fish sticks:
- Heat the oil in a pan.
- Cut the fish into strips and dip in the egg and the panko.
- Drop the fish carefully into the oil and fry them until golden brown.
- Once cooked, remove the fish sticks from the oil and place them on a plate lined with paper towel to remove the excess oil.
- Sprinkle some salt to taste.
- Serve it together with the aioli sauce and enjoy!
Make this recipe using these kitchenware:
(1) The Field Company Field Cast Iron Skillet No. 8, Food52 (2) Farmhouse Pottery Dipped Stoneware Mortar and Wood Pestle, Food52 (3) Yamazaki Home Foldable Silicone Drainer Tray, Food52 (4) Farmhouse Pottery Handmade Farmhouse Dinnerware, Food52 (5) BergHOFF Blush Silicone 5-Piece Utensil Set, Food52
Shop for other kitchenware and tools below:
Start eating healthier this 2019 by adding more fish to your diet. Enjoy the benefits of eating healthy and fresh food at home everyday. These easy, as well as healthy fish recipes, will help you make clean eating a habit. View more recipes from TeelieTurner.com.
Just a disclaimer – We have partnered with these companies because we use their products and/or proudly trust and endorse them – so we do receive a commission if you make a purchase or sign up for services. Often, we are able to negotiate special discounts and/or bonuses, which we will pass on to you via our links. We often get short notice on sale items available for 24-48 hours as we will pass these savings onto you.