We all know that Thanksgiving happens every year. It’s a perfect time to be thankful and celebrate life. However, there are times when we still forget to plan ahead. There are instances when we do things at the last minute because we got too busy. If you suddenly decide to host a Thanksgiving dinner but you have time constraints, you can try these last minute tips to help you create a festive feast.
1. Set up your dining table properly.
Even though your home doesn’t have enough decorations for Thanksgiving, you can still create a festive vibe by decorating your dining table. Use table runners that have Thanksgiving-inspired prints. You can use tableware that have a colorway that represent the occasion. You can use other different decors and tablewares such as placemats, utensil holders, napkins, and more. Try these tablewares we’ve found:
1. Leaves Flannel-Backed Vinyl Table Cover, Amazon | 2. Pumpkin Harvest Fall Party Napkins, Amazon | 3. Maple Leaf-Shaped Paper Placemats, Amazon | 4. Gibson Casa Estebana 16-piece Dinnerware Set, Amazon | 5. Give Thanks Cutlery Holders, Amazon2.
2. Stick to easy to prepare and cook appetizers.
Due to the lack of time, you might want to concentrate on your roast and leave the rest of your menu to pre-cooked meals. For your appetizers, you can try creating a cheese board. Everyone loves delectable cheese with their wine during any occasion. You can also serve nuts, bread or crackers as your guests wait for dinnertime. Serve your appetizers in these cute Thanksgiving-inspired serve ware:
1. Bamboo Cheese Board with Cutlery Set Wooden Charcuterie Platter, Amazon | 2. La Jolie Muse Nut Bowl Snack, Amazon | Gibson 3-Tiered Oval Chip and Dip Set with Metal Rack, Amazon | 4. Set of 2 Acacia Wooden Octagon Square Serving Trays, Amazon | 5. Autumn Leaf Plates Glass Serving Dishes, Amazon
3. Use decorative serve ware.
Thanksgiving is a great time to use decorative serve ware for your food. They are cute and festive, just perfect for Thanksgiving. Decorative serve ware does not only add color to your dining table but also make your food extra appetizing. Get these cute serve wares we’ve found:
1. Pfaltzgraff Plymouth Covered Serve Dish, Amazon | 2. Pumpkin Table Centerpiece Bowl Set, Amazon | 3. Fitz and Floyd Harvest Ceramic Covered Vegetable Bowl, Amazon | 4. 4-Tray Serving Platter, Amazon | 5. Woodland Greens Autumn Multicolored 10×10 Ceramic Harvest Serving Dish, Amazon
4. Buy your desserts instead.
Instead of baking your own pie or dessert, you can just buy them to save time. Buying your desserts will give you more time to concentrate on decorating your table, as well as cooking your roasted turkey. Try these desserts to add a little sweetness to your Thanksgiving feast:
1. Omaha Steaks Gourmet Cheesecake Sampler, Amazon | 2. Leilalove Macarons, Amazon | 3. Baked by Melissa Cupcakes Assorted Bite-Sized Cupcakes, Amazon | 4. Baker’s Recipe Pumpkin Pie, Amazon | 5. David’s Cookies Premiere Chocolate Overlaod 10-Inch Layer Cake, Amazon
When you don’t have enough time to organize your Thanksgiving dinner, these last minute tips can help you maximize the time you have before your feast. TeelieTurner.com is a great resource when you want to keep up with the latest news and trends in fashion, health, gadgets, parenting, travel, and more. Visit us and keep yourself updated. You can also view some of our Thanksgiving-related posts here:
Just a disclaimer – We have partnered with these companies because we use their products and/or proudly trust and endorse them – so we do receive a commission if you make a purchase or sign up for services. Often, we are able to negotiate special discounts and/or bonuses, which we will pass on to you via our links. We often get short notice on sale items available for 24-48 hours as we will pass these savings onto you.