National Chocolate Milkshake Day is celebrated every September 12. It’s a day when chocolate, as well as milkshake lovers, come together to enjoy their favorite sweet drink – chocolate milkshake. It’s a time to forget your diet for just one day and enjoy one of the most popular classic drink.
Chocolate Milkshake Recipes to Try Out
View this post on Instagram
If you’re not able to go out and grab your favorite chocolate milkshake from your go-to diner or restaurant, don’t worry. You can recreate your favorite drink on Chocolate Milkshake Day at home. Here are some recipes you can try out.
Give a classic chocolate milkshake a twist. Add Twix candybars into in for a different kind of chocolate-y taste. Here’s the recipe and the ingredients that you need:
- 2 Twix chocolate bars
- 2 cups of vanilla ice cream
- ¼ cup of whole milk
- 1 tablespoon of chocolate syrup or sauce
- chocolate sprinkles
- marshmallow fluff
- Twix chocolate bars for garnish
- On a plate, pour your chocolate sprinkles. Spread marshmallow fluff on the rim of your milkshake glass. Dip the rim on the chocolate sprinkles and set it aside.
- Combine your Twix chocolate bars, vanilla ice cream, chocolate syrup, and milk in a blender.
- Blend everything until you achieve a smooth consistency.
- Pour into the glass and garnish with Twix chocolate bars.
View the entire recipe here.
Melted Black and White Milkshake
Here’s another version of the classic chocolate milkshake that you must try out. Prepare these ingredients and follow the recipe below:
Chocolate Syrup Ingredients:
- 1 cup of coffee
- ½ cup of sugar
- 1 cup of cocoa powder
- 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract
- ½ teaspoon of kosher salt
Black and White Milkshakes Ingredients:
- ¼ cup of whole milk
- 2 tablespoons of chocolate syrup
- 2 tablespoons of malted milk powder
- 1 pint of vanilla ice cream
- 1 pinch of kosher salt
- In a small saucepan, combine the sugar and coffee. Bring the mixture into a simmer to dissolve the sugar. Whisk in the salt and cocoa powder. Continue whisking until you achieve a smooth and thick consistency. Set the syrup aside.
- Blend the ice cream, milk, chocolate syrup, malted milk powder, and salt until the mixture is smooth.
- Drizzle chocolate syrup in your milkshake glasses. Pour some milkshake but don’t fill the glass. Drizzle another layer of the chocolate syrup and then add another layer of the milkshake.
- Repeat the process until you fill the glass.
- Serve and enjoy!
You can check out the original recipe from Food52.com.
Vegan Chocolate Milkshake
Even if you’re vegan, you can still enjoy a glass of chocolate milkshake! Try this recipe out.
- 2 tablespoons of raw cacao powder
- 1 very ripe banana
- 2 teaspoons of brown sugar
- 1 cup of almond milk
- ½ teaspoon of vanilla
- 2 tablespoons of cacao nibs
- 3 cups of ice
- In a blender, combine the banana, cacao powder, vanilla, sugar, and almond milk. Blend for about 45 seconds or until the mixture is blended thoroughly.
- Add ice and blend for another 45 seconds or until you achieve a frothy mixture.
- Pour on glass and top with cacao nibs.
You can check out the full recipe here.
If it’s your first time to create chocolate milkshake, here’s a video tutorial for chocolate milkshake newbies:
Video Credit: YouTube.com/CupcakeJemma
Make Your Favorite Chocolate Milkshakes with These!
View this post on Instagram
Here are some kitchen tools and essentials you could use to make your favorite chocolate milkshake.
(1) Nostalgia Electric MLKS100BL Two-Speed Milkshake Maker, 16-Ounce, Blue
This retro drink maker brings back a vintage and classic vibe. You’ll feel like you’re in a diner drinking one of your favorite milkshakes. You can finally bring that wistful feeling home. Create milkshakes whenever you want using this milkshake maker. You can order this from Amazon.
(2) Brentwood Classic Milkshake Maker, 15-Ounce, Turquoise
Here’s another retro-themed milkshake maker that will give you all the feels. It’s in an uber cute turquoise shade that would look cute in any kitchen. Experience milkshakes made in classic diners even when you’re at home. You can purchase this from Amazon.
(3) YUMOLOGY All Stainless Steel Whipped Cream Dispenser
What’s a milkshake without shipped cream? Get this turquoise whipped cream dispenser to go with your turquoise milkshake maker! This whipped cream dispenser is made for professional use so you’ll know that it’s of the highest quality. It’s also available in white. This product is available on Amazon.
(4) KOVOT Set of 4 Old Fashioned Soda Glasses and Spoons Set
This old school soda glasses and spoons set is just what you need to celebrate Chocolate Milkshake Day. Whether you’re serving milkshakes at home to your family or your guests, this set is a must have. You can buy a set from Amazon.
(5) SimplyImagine 13-Inch Acrylic Straw Dispenser
Complete your nostalgic set up at home by getting this acrylic straw dispenser. You and the entire family can simply get their straws so they can enjoy their milkshakes! This dispenser can effortlessly hold straws and the pull up design makes it easy for anyone to get straws anytime. Make sure to use reusable straws for a more environmentally friendly option. This dispenser is available on Amazon.
(6) Rockland Guard Ice Cream Scoop with Chisel-Shaped Tip, Non Slip Grip Handle
Add your favorite chocolate ice cream into your chocolate milkshake or top your milkshake with another scoop using this ice cream scoop. What’s special about this one? It features a chisel tip, as well as a non slip grip, to make it easier for you to scoop your ice cream. You can choose from 4 different colors – black, red, blue, and green. This scooper is available on Amazon.
(7) KOVOT 12-Ounce Old Fashioned Plastic Soda Glasses and Straws Set
If you have kids or you just want to serve milkshake in a more fun and colorful way, this set is perfect for you. It includes 6 soda glasses and straws in white and 5 bright shades – yellow, blue, orange, green, and pink. You can get this set of 6 from Amazon.
(8) Maraschino Cherries with Stems
Cherries are a staple on every milkshake. Grab this 74-ounce jar and enjoy all the chocolate milkshakes that you can. Top every milkshake creation with a cherry or two! You can purchase this from Amazon.
(9) Smuckers Sundae Syrup Caramel, Chocolate, and Butterscotch Ice Cream Topping Bundle
Add more flavor to your regular chocolate milkshake with these syrups. This bundle includes three indulgent flavors – butterscotch, caramel, and of course, chocolate. The thick and rich syrup will add a whole new different taste to your milkshake. You can buy a bundle from Amazon.
(10) Baker’s Choice Colored Rainbow Sprinkles
Everything is better with sprinkles! Kid and even adults will love these colorful sprinkles on their milkshakes. You can purchase this in a 10-ounce or 20-ounce bottle. This is available on Amazon.
Wear these While Making Your Milkshakes!
Add magic and color to making your milkshakes with these cute fairy aprons from Teelie Turner!
(1) Saretta the Sweets, Foods, and Refreshments Fairy ™ Apron
Anything sweets, foods, and drinks, Saretta knows everything! She’s the fairy when it comes to desserts, drinks, and dishes! You can order this from RedBubble.
(2) Kitty the Kitchen Fairy™ Apron
Kitty is the happiest when she’s in the kitchen. She has mishaps and messes but she is able to create wonderful dishes for all the fairies to enjoy. You can purchase this apron from RedBubble.
(3) Megana Sweetness the Manners Fairy™ Apron
True to her name, Megana is full of sweetness. She teaches young little fairies the important of manners. She’s the symbol of grace, class, and style. Order this cute apron from RedBubble.
(4) Bubba the Head Candy Taster Fairy™ Apron
Brighten up the kitchen with this cute orange apron with Bubba on it! Bubba hasa sweet tooth and he’s the head candy taster in the fairy kingdom. He knows everything about delicious treats. Buy this apron from RedBubble.
(5) Abella the Apron Fairy™ Apron
Lastly, introducing Abella the Apron Fairy! It’s so fitting that she’s here. She is an expert on aprons (of course) and the kitchen! She knows that aprons are a must in the kitchen and you should definitely have one. You can order yours now from RedBubble.
This National Chocolate Milkshake Day, find time to bond with your family while creating these recipes. Enjoy a delicious chocolate milkshake and have fun making your own version of the classic drink. We may be stuck at home but it shouldn’t keep us from finding the brighter side of life.
Find more items you can use to create your own chocolate milkshake here:
Did you enjoy reading this post? Subscribe to the TeelieTurner.com mailing list! You will receive weekly newsletter containing stories and helpful articles on everything lifestyle. If you loved these recipes, you may want to try out our previous ones below:
Just a disclaimer – We have partnered with these companies because we use their products and/or proudly trust and endorse them – so we do receive a commission if you make a purchase or sign up for services. Often, we are able to negotiate special discounts and/or bonuses, which we will pass on to you via our links. We often get short notice on sale items available for 24-48 hours as we will pass these savings onto you.