Nowadays, it seems like less is more. With almost everyone working from home, many may feel too lazy to get all dressed up since they’ll just be stuck at home. This also applies to makeup. This year, the no make up look is making a comeback. Naturally flushed cheeks, neutral lipsticks, and well groomed brows are now in. If you’re a newbie to this type of makeup style, you can check out these no make up look tutorials.
Easy No Make Up Tutorials
View this post on Instagram
Here are easy steps on how to create a no make up look that’s perfect for a work from home set up.
- Prep your face. Clean your face using a gentle cleanse and toner. This will rid of all your skin’s impurities right before you apply your makeup. It’s also important to hydrate and moisturize your skin. A good moisturizer can go a long way. Choose a product that’s suitable for your skin type as different moisturizers are available for oily, dry, and combination skin.
- Use a primer. Once you’re done with the cleansing and prepping part, you can apply your trusted primer. It’s important to remember not to skip steps 1 and 2 because cleaning your skin, as well as applying primer to it, is the most basic and important step when it comes to applying any kind of make up to your face. Choose a primer that will help create a smooth surface on your skin. This step will make it easier for you to apply any type of makeup.
- Apply a concealer. A lightweight concealer is always a good choice. It doesn’t weigh your makeup down and creates a natural feeling on the skin. For the under eyes, a radiant concealer is a must because it adds a certain amount of glow that makes the eyes pop. Use a concealer with a matte finish to help draw attention away from the blemishes.
- Create natural looking eyebrows. Create eyebrows on fleek using the right brow kit or brow products. They key to a no make up look is having polished and well groomed brows that look effortless.
- Highlight. When it comes to highlighters, a little goes a long way. Opt for a cream based highlighter for more versatility. It will help you achieve a natural looking glow. Apply on cheekbones and wherever you wish to illuminate. Just remember, avoid applying too much.
- Add a hint of color. Add emphasis to your cheeks and lips by adding a hint of color. Of course, choose a shade that would look au naturale. Nude colors are always a safe choice.
- Finish with setting powder. Finally, set your makeup using your setting powder. This step will also help your makeup last longer.
Follow these steps and you’ll easily achieve a natural no make up look. You can watch these tutorials so you can learn it visually step by step.
For your eyebrows:
For your entire look:
Top 10 No Make Up Look Must Haves
View this post on Instagram
Grab these top 10 must haves to achieve an effortlessly no make up look.
(1) Tatcha The Water Cream
This anti-aging water cream is oil free. It helps in releasing Japanese nutrients and powerful botanicals that aid in improving the skin, as well as minimize the appearance of pores. This formulation won’t leave the skin feeling greasy and improves the skin’s hydration. You can purchase one from Sephora.
(2) Drunk Elephant Lala Retro Whipped Moisturizer with Ceramides
The formulation may look like shaving cream; however, it is packed with moisturizing ingredients. It’s fragrance free so if you have sensitive skin, this moisturizer won’t cause irritation. It’s also great for dry skin because of its plant oils, as well as fatty acids from vegetables, that improve the skin’s moisture. This moisturizer has everything each type of skin needs so it’s perfect for oily, dry, combination, or sensitive skin types. You can buy this from Sephora.
(3) Fenty Beauty by Rihanna Pro Filt’r Hydrating Primer
This lightweight primer is easy to apply and won’t keep your skin from feeling heavy. You will still feel comfortable and it will keep your make up last longer. It’s perfect for normal, combination, and dry skin. This product is fast absorbing and of course, cruelty free. You can get one from Sephora.
(4) Tatcha Mini Liquid Silk Canvas Featherweight Protecting Primer
This is another option for a primer. It gained positive reviews because of its oil free formula and its effectiveness in minimizing pores and keeping the skin looking fresh all day. You can grab this from Sephora.
(5) NARS Radiant Creamy Concealer
Here’s a trusted concealer from NARS. It has a variety of shades to choose from – 30 shades to be exact. It also has mini sizes with the same number of shades. It has medium coverage, a liquid formulation, and a natural finish. It’s great for combination, oily, dry, and normal skin types. You can purchase one from Sephora.
(6) Charlotte Tilbury Brow Lift Eyebrow Pencil
This is a 3-in-1 tool that helps shape, highlight, and shade your brows. It features a pencil that shapes and shades the brows, a highlighter that brightens and defines the brows, and a spoolie to groom the brows. It’s available in 5 different shades – Rita – Star Brow, Grace K – Fair Brow, Super Model – Super Model Brow, Luscious Brow – Luscious Brown, and Naomi – Perfect Brow. Get this from Sephora.
(7) Benefit Cosmetics Great Brow Basics Pencil and Gel Set
Here’s another all-in-one brow kit for defining and grooming brows. You can easily fill in your brows without any difficulty with the kit’s make up and tools. Your gorgeous brows will last up to 12 hours and would absolutely look as natural as ever. Each set includes one full size Gimme Brow + Voluminizing Eyebrow Gel, one full size Goof Proof Brow Pencil Easy Shape and Fill Pencil, and one Mini Precisely, My Brow Pencil Ultra Fine Shape and Define Pencil. You can purchase a kit from Sephora.
(8) NARS The Multiple
This product is a versatile stick that can be used on the eyes, lips, cheeks, and even the body. It features a creamy formula that effortlessly blends on the skin to create glowing accents. It has 6 differeynt shades – Copacabana, Orgasm, South Beach, Portofino, Dusty Rose, and G-Spot. You can buy one from Sephora.
(9) MILK Make Up Lip + Cheek
This 2-in-2 cream blush can be applied on the cheeks and the lips. It’s formulated with hydrating ingredients that leave the lips and cheeks looking luscious and moisturized. Its formula also makes it easier for you to blend and build color however you want. It’s available in 5 shades – Swish, Perk, Rally, Quickie, and Dusty Rose. You can purchase this from Sephora.
(10) Hourglass Veil Transluscent Setting Powder
This setting powder is anything BUT chalky. This ultra refined setting powder is formulated to give the skin a finish that’s naturally flawless. It’s suitable for oily, normal, dry, and combination skin. You can grab one from Sephora.
Creating a no make up look is easy as long as you already know the basics. These no make up look tutorials will help you get comfortable with the steps. Practice everyday and you’ll master the skill in no time.
For more products for this look, you can view more here:
TeelieTurner.com has a variety of resources for beauty, fashion, health, and more! Visit us for more inspiration, tutorials, DIY projects, and tips you can do while you’re stuck at home. If you enjoyed this post, you can read more of our previous ones here:
Just a disclaimer – We have partnered with these companies because we use their products and/or proudly trust and endorse them – so we do receive a commission if you make a purchase or sign up for services. Often, we are able to negotiate special discounts and/or bonuses, which we will pass on to you via our links. We often get short notice on sale items available for 24-48 hours as we will pass these savings onto you.