When we hear the term self-care, we often think of going to the spa or taking a vacation. Some may even shy away from the idea because they feel like it can cost too much. As a result, they go about their daily routine without even bothering to pause for even a few minutes. Self-care shouldn’t be expensive. In fact, there are many ways you can practice it daily. Self-care can be done everyday without spending a lot of money for it. We’ve got some helpful tips to help you practice taking care of yourself every day.
Easy Ways to Practice Self-Care Daily
View this post on Instagram
Contrary to what most of us think, self-care doesn’t to be very costly. You can practice it daily to help you keep your mind and body healthy. These are the simple ways you can do self-care daily.
- Stay hydrated. This tip is the most basic way you can take care of yourself. Make sure to keep a bottle of water with you so you can develop a habit of drinking water anytime and anywhere. Getting the right amount of H2O can help your body and mind function better.
- Get enough sleep. Many of us are too preoccupied with our work that we often forget to get enough sleep. Mobile phones and gadgets also contribute to our lack of sleep. We tend to tune in to our phones and electronic gadgets too much that we end up staying late. As a result, we don’t get the recommended 6 to 8 hours of sleep. As a part of your self-care routine, try to get as much sleep as you can every night. Getting a good night’s rest can help improve your mood and your mental health.
- Start journaling. Not many people appreciate the importance of journaling. Keeping a journal can aid in stress relief. It’s also a great way to help organize your thoughts. You can write what you’re grateful for in your journal. You can also write about your day and what you can improve. Journaling helps you focus on the good and what you’re thankful for instead of all the negativity that happened during your day.
- Enjoy a long bath. For some, taking a bath is just part of the daily routine. However, it can also be part of your self-care regimen. You can enjoy a relaxing bath and just let go of all your stress and worries. You’ll feel refreshed and it will help your body and mind calm down.
- Read a book. Find a quiet and comfy spot where you can read. Light some scented candles to add some calming effect while you enjoy your favorite book. This simple tip can help you nourish your mind and relax your senses. Grab your favorite pajamas and a cozy blanket and you’ll be reading for hours.
- Enjoy your favorite hot beverage while listening to some music. Whether you’re a coffee fan or a tea connoisseur, enjoy a hot beverage and just listen to your favorite playlist. You’ll find it absolutely relaxing when you try this. Put your beverage in your favorite mug and sit back and relax. You’ll be able to calm down when you hear the songs you love play.
- Do some yoga. Finally, you can try to do some yoga. If you’re not into heavy workouts and intense exercise, you can practice yoga. It does not only calm the mind, but it also helps shed those extra pounds. Yoga is a great way to improve your body strength and flexibility, as well as allow you to practice meditation.
View this post on Instagram
Try these simple steps and notice the positive effects they have on you physically, mentally, and emotionally.
Self-Care Must Haves
Get your hands on these self-care must haves that you need for your home. These items will surely help you create your daily self-care routine.
(1) JOON x MOON Bubbling Bath Fizz
Add this bath fizz to your bathtub and enjoy a luxurious soak. You’ll be able to relax and unwind as you enjoy the benefits of this product on your skin. This bath fizz helps calm and soothe the skin without causing dryness. It’s also infused with Vitamin E, aloe juice, and coconut oil so you know your skin is replenished and restored. You can purchase this from Amazon.
(2) Klean Kanteen Classic Stainless Steel Double Wall Insulated Water Bottle with Loop Cap
Stay hydrated anytime and anywhere. Bring this Klean Kanteen with you daily. You’ll be able to get your daily water intake requirements with this insulated water bottle. Grab one now from Amazon.
(3) Mia’s Co Lavender Scented Candle
Place this scented candle in the bathroom or near your reading area. This will fill any room with a delicious lavender scent. This candle is handmade using 100% natural soy wax and are made with eco-friendly materials. Also available in Bamboo, Grapefruit, Fig Tree, Strawberry, White Tea, Ocean Rose, and Lemon Tea scents. Buy yours now from Amazon.
(4) Kindle with Built-in Front Light in White
Enjoy your favorite book in this Kindle with built-in front light. It comes in white or black colors. You can easily purchase and download any book you like. You can enjoy a quiet time reading page after page using Kindle. You can order one now from Amazon.
(5) Mokoya Woven Cotton Throw Blanket
While you’re enjoying your favorite book, wrap yourself in this cozy cotton throw blanket. This blanket is soft, cozy, and durable. You can use this as your own blanket or you can use this as a decorative piece for your living room or bedroom. Also available in Coffee, Green, Off White, Gray, Beige, and Sage Green shades. Get one now from Amazon.
(6) Yoga Mat with Strap
If you’re planning on practicing yoga, this yoga mat is a must have. It’s 1/3 inch extra thick and is double sided. This yoga mat is also made with eco-friendly materials. It has non-slip texture for added staibility, as well as ample cushioning and space. You can buy this from Amazon.
(7) 2-Pack Clever Yoga Block
Add these yoga blocks to your yoga equipment. They provide support for difficult poses. These blocks also aid in stretches before and after a yoga session. Each pack includes 2 pieces of yoga blocks. Also available in purple, black, gray, and light blue colors. Order yours now on Amazon.
(8) Bean Box Coffee Sampler
If you are a coffee fan, this sampler is for you. Each box includes 4 handpicked gourmet coffees from the top small batch roasters of Seattle. You can the option to choose from all roasts, dark roast only, decaf roasts, light roasts, medium roasts, espresso toasts, or ground coffee. You’ll be able to support small businesses when you purchase this sample. Try a sampler and purchase one now from Amazon.
(9) 20-Count Tazo Tea Bags Sampler with Honey Sticks
If you are a tea lover, then you can opt for this sampler. It includes 20 pieces of Tazo tea bags in 10 different flavors. You’ll get 2 bags each of China Green Tips, Calm Chamomile, Passion, Zen, Green Ginger, Decaf Lotus Blosson Green, Wild Sweet Orange, Earl Grey, Awake English Breakfast, and Refresh Mint. The sample also comes with By The Cup Honey Sticks. You can get a sampler from Amazon.
(10) Funny Sloth Coffee Mug
Here’s a gentle reminder that it’s ok to simply do nothing for a day. Allot time to just relax even for just one day of the week. This sloth mug is the perfect companion for a day of relaxation. You can drink your favorite coffee or tea in this. You can purchase this from Amazon.
Self-care isn’t just about eating right or exercising. It’s all about taking good care of your overall well being. It has the proper balance of keeping your mind, your body, and your spirit healthy. Self-care is about slowing down and taking a break from our busy schedules. Practice these easy steps everyday and you’ll be able to develop your own self-care routine even when you’re at home.
Find other selections here:
Did you find this post helpful? We’ve got more informative posts just like this! Make sure to visit TeelieTurner.com for our previous related stories and posts. We feature various lifestyle-related topics that are sure to help you. Subscribe to our newsletter and keep yourself up-to-date when it comes to all things lifestyle. Check out our previous posts below.
Just a disclaimer – We have partnered with these companies because we use their products and/or proudly trust and endorse them – so we do receive a commission if you make a purchase or sign up for services. Often, we are able to negotiate special discounts and/or bonuses, which we will pass on to you via our links. We often get short notice on sale items available for 24-48 hours as we will pass these savings onto you.