A St. Patrick’s Day celebration is not complete without food and drinks! It’s a festivity where you and your guests can be merry as you celebrate the luck of the Irish. Create mouthwatering dishes, desserts, and even drinks to help keep your guests happy and full. Here are some of the recipes you need to try out just in time for St. Patrick’s Day.
Irish Coffee Cupcakes
These cupcakes are sure to satisfy your sweet tooth. They are perfect for St. Patrick’s Day, too! Made with Irish cream, these cupcakes are delicious and will truly end your celebrations sweetly. Prepare these ingredients for this recipe:
Ingredients for the cake:
- 1 cup of unsalted butter
- 2 cups of sugar
- 4 pieces of eggs
- 1 ½ cups of self-rising flour
- 1 ¼ cups of all-purpose flour
- ½ cup of milk
- 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon of instant espresso or coffee
- 1 to 3 tablespoons of whiskey
Ingredients for the frosting:
- 1 cup of unsalted butter
- ¼ teaspoon of salt
- 1 pound of powdered sugar
- ½ cup of Bailey’s Irish Cream
Directions for cooking:
- Preheat your oven to 350°F.
- Using your mixer, combine the butter and sugar until the mixture becomes light and fluffy. Add the eggs until thoroughly combined.
- In a bowl, combine all the different flours using a whisk.
- Combine the coffee, vanilla, and milk.
- Start adding the flour and coffee mixture to the butter and sugar alternately. You should start and end with the flour mixture.
- Once combined, add the espresso or instant coffee powder.
- Mix well.
- Line your muffin tins using paper liners. Pour the mixture into the muffin tins and bake them for 15 up to 20 minutes until a toothpick you insert into the center comes out clean.
- Once baked, remove the cupcakes and place them on a cooling rack.
- Brush whiskey on the cupcakes as desired.
- Cool the cupcakes completely before adding your frosting.
- To make the frosting, you can use your electric mixer to beat the butter, as well as the eggs until they are creamy.
- Add the powdered sugar gradually. Alternate it with Bailey’s and beat it until the mixture is smooth.
- Refrigerate and then spread on the cupcakes.
These sweet creations will surely make your guests happy. Add a sprinkle of coffee for a stronger flavor. To make this recipe, you can purchase some of these kitchen tools. These items will help make it easier for you to try your hand at baking these lovely cupcakes.
(1) Nordic Ware Muffin Pan, Food52.com (2) Pantry Mixing Bowls, Food52.com (3) Silicone Lidded Pinch + Pour Measurement Beakers, Food52.com (4) Food52 x Farmhouse Pottery Double Oven Mitt, Food52.com (5) Mason Cash Forest Batter Bowl, Food52.com
You can also purchase some of these baking aids for this recipe:
Champ – Irish Mashed Potatoes with Scallions
Irish mashed potatoes with scallions are usually served as a side dish. However, it can be a filling meal because it’s flavorful potatoes. You can also serve it with corned beef and other meat dishes. Try this recipe out and create a savory mashed potato side dish. Prepare these ingredients and start making it.
- 5 pounds of peeled Russet or Yukon Gold potatoes
- 3 cups of milk
- 2 bunches of scallions
- 1 cup of butter
- salt and pepper to taste
Directions for cooking:
- Cut the potatoes into sixths or quarters. Add them into a pot of cold water. Ensure that the water covers the potatoes by at least one to two inches.
- Bring the potatoes into a boil on medium to high and continue cooking the potatoes until you can cut through the potatoes easily.
- Once the potatoes are cooked, cover the pot using a clean dish towel and cover the towel using the pot lid. Allow the potatoes to stand for 5-10 minutes.
- Slice the bottom and top of the scallions and disregard them. You should only use the white and green parts of the scallions for this recipe.
- Cut the scallion into small rings, which are about 0.25 inches small.
- Put the milk and scallions into a saucepan. Simmer the milk for about 10 minutes and turn of the burner. Simply allow the scallions to steep.
- After you’ve let the potatoes steam, put them into a ricer and into a bowl. You can also dump the potatoes into a bowl and mash them manually if you don’t have a ricer.
- Add half of the milk and scallion mixture into the potatoes and stir them together. Add the butter into the potatoes and stir them together. Continue adding the milk and scallion mixture until you’ve achieved the consistency that you desire.
- Add salt and pepper to add some taste.
- Serve and enjoy!
You can serve the potatoes as is or with your other dishes. Use these kitchen tools to create this mashed potato recipe:
(1) Litech Lightweight 2-in-1 Camp Pot and Pan, Food52.com (2) Food52 x Ekobo Recycled Bamboo Colander and Pour Bowl Set, Food52.com (3) ZWILLING J.A. Henckels Pro Essential Prep Knives, Food52.com (4) Five Two Wooden Spoons, Food52.com (5) Rosti Mepal Microwavable Nested Storage Bowls, Food52.com
You can also browse through these products that you can use to make this dish:
St. Patrick’s Day Emerald Rain Martini
A St. Patrick’s Day celebration isn’t really a celebration if you don’t serve festive drinks. This drink is easy to prepare and will make you and your guests feel more Irish! Try recreating this dish and make your party extra merry! You need the ingredients below:
- 2 ounces of Hypnotiq
- 1 ¼ ounces of Deep Eddy Vodka
- 1 splash of orange juice
- a squeeze of fresh lime
Directions for concocting:
- Combine all the ingredients together in a shaker.
- Mix well with ice.
- Serve in a cocktail glass and enjoy!
This recipe makes one drink. Be the bartender at your party and let your guests taste your personally handcrafted concoction. You can purchase these items for this recipe:
(1) Hammered Copper Boston Shaker, Food52.com (2) Set of 6 Metallic Rimmed Champagne Couples, Food52.com (3) Izola Barmaster Tool, Food52.com (4) Mosser Glass Glass Juicer, Food52.com (5) Ice Box with Reversible Lid, Food52.com
Browse through these items and choose the party essentials you need to celebrate St. Patrick’s Day!
If you’re throwing a St. Patrick’s Day party, make sure that everything’s covered, especially the food and drinks. Try these recipes and you’ll surely make your guests remember your party.
You can visit TeelieTurner.com for more party how-to’s and DIYs. You can view out previous St. Patrick’s Day-related posts below:
Just a disclaimer – We have partnered with these companies because we use their products and/or proudly trust and endorse them – so we do receive a commission if you make a purchase or sign up for services. Often, we are able to negotiate special discounts and/or bonuses, which we will pass on to you via our links. We often get short notice on sale items available for 24-48 hours as we will pass these savings onto you.