If you’re used to a certain lifestyle or eating habit, it’s normal to find it difficult to change. It may seem hard to change the way you eat and live your life because you’re already used to it for a long time. However, if you’re currently living an unhealthy lifestyle, it’s time for you to switch to a healthier one. You are putting yourself at risk for various health problems, which is why switching to a cleaner lifestyle is a must. To start your change, you can try these easy salad recipes. They take a few minutes to make and are packed with nutrition and taste. These salad recipes will make it easier for you to shift to healthier eating habits.
Grilled Chicken Caesar Salad
This salad is one of the most delicious and appetizing salads you’ll ever taste. It’s packed with protein and flavor but is still a healthy choice. It takes only 15 minutes to make and contains 289 calories for every serving. To start making this salad dish, you need the following:
2 chicken breast fillets, boneless and skinless
1 head – Romaine lettuce
1 ½ cup – cherry tomatoes
2 eggs, hardboiled and cut in quarters
salt and pepper to taste
1. Preheat your grill to medium-high heat.
2. Season the chicken breasts using salt and pepper.
3. Grill the chicken breast for 5 to 6 minutes on each side or until they are thoroughly cooked.
4. Add the cherry tomatoes to the grill and let them cook for 2 to 3 minutes or until they burst a little. Remove the tomatoes and set them aside.
5. Slightly grill the Romaine lettuce and set aside.
6. Chop the Romaine lettuces roughly and place in a large bowl.
7. Chop the grilled chicken into strips and put it together with the lettuce, cherry tomatoes, and hardboiled eggs.
8. Serve the salad with the Caesar dressing on the side.
This salad dish will surely be a favorite. It’s also a great way to introduce your little ones to healthy eating. Per serving of this salad has 289 calories, 156 mg cholesterol, 5 grams carbohydrates, 17 grams of fat, and 211 grams of sodium.
Shop for the ingredients here:
1. Just BARE Chicken, Hand-Trimmed Boneless, Skinless Chicken Breast Fillets, $5.66 at Amazon 2. Organic Greenhouse Grape Tomatoes, $3.79 at Amazon 3. Romaine Lettuce, $2.49 at Amazon 4. 365 Everyday Value Cage-Free Non-GMO Large White Grade A Eggs, $2.99 at Amazon 5. Mrs. Cubbison’s Restaurant Style Croutons, Caesar Salad, $1.88 at Amazon 6. 365 Everyday Value, Fine Sea Salt, $1.69 at Amazon 7. 365 Everyday Value, Ground Black Pepper, $7.99 at Amazon 8. Cardini’s Original Caesar Dressing, $12.60 at Amazon
This salad is a staple Italian dish that’s simple yet packed with flavor. You’ll be able to serve this salad dish in no time. As long as you have the complete ingredients, you’ll be able to enjoy it with the entire family. You just need to prepare the following ingredients:
1 pound of fresh mozzarella cheese
4 large ripe tomatoes
1/3 cup fresh basil leaves
3 tablespoons of extra virgin olive oil
salt and pepper to taste
1. Slice the mozzarella cheese and large tomatoes into ¼-inch thick slices.
2. On a large platter, layer and overlap the basil leaves, tomatoes, and mozzarella slices alternately.
3. Drizzle the olive oil over the salad.
4. Season with salt and pepper and serve.
This Italian salad dish has the flavors and nutritional value you need to start eating healthy. Per serving of this salad has 311 calories, 627 milligrams of sodium, 6.6 grams of carbohydrates, 23.9 grams of fat, 60 milligrams of cholesterol, and 17.9 grams of protein.
Shop for all the ingredients here:
1. Thai Sweet Basil, Fresh, $10.95 at Amazon 2. BelGioso Fresh Mozzarella, $3.57 at Amazon 3. Organic Beefsteak Tomato, $1.29 at Amazon 4. 365 Everyday Value, Ground Black Pepper, $7.99 at Amazon 5. 365 Everyday Value, Fine Sea Salt, $1.69 at Amazon 6. Pompeian Robust Extra Virgin Olive Oil, $15.98 at Amazon
This salad recipe is a refreshing way to eat your greens. It’s easy to assemble so you can enjoy it right away. It’s packed with ingredients and flavors that you’ll surely enjoy. Prepare these ingredients to start making your own Greek salad:
For the salad:
5 cups of Romaine lettuce, chopped
1 small red onion, sliced thinly
½ cup of cherry tomatoes, sliced in half
1 English cucumber, sliced thinly
¼ cup of goat cheese, crumbled
¼ cup of Kalamata olives, sliced
Ground pepper to taste
For the lemon vinaigrette:
¼ cup of olive oil
¼ cup of apple cider vinegar
1 lemon, zested
3 tablespoons of squeezed lemon juice, fresh
1 ½ tablespoons of extra fine granulated sugar
1. To make the vinaigrette, whisk the olive oil, lemon zest, lemon juice, sugar, and apple cider vinegar together. Once all the ingredients are well blender, set aside.
2. Assemble the salad by placing the chopped Romaine lettuce in a large bowl. Top the lettuce with the cucumber, red onion, tomatoes, olives, goat cheese, and pepper.
3. Pour the dressing into the salad and toss to combine everything together.
4. Serve and enjoy.
This recipe has 150 calories, 6 grams of carbohydrates, 3 grams of fiber, and 3 grams of protein.
Shop all ingredients here:
1. Romaine Lettuce, $1.99 at Amazon 2. Red Onion, $1.49 at Amazon 3. Cherry Tomatoes, $3.79 at Amazon 4. English Cucumber, $1.99 at Amazon 5. 365 Everyday Value Goat Log, $6.79 at Amazon 6. 365 Everyday Value Kalamata Olives, $2.99 at Amazon 7. 365 Everyday Value Ground Black Pepper, $7.99 at Amazon 8. Pompeian Robust Extra Virgin Olive Oil, $15.98 at Amazon 9. Bragg Apple Cider Vinegar, $8.55 at Amazon 10. Lemon, $0.89 at Amazon 11. Imperial Extra Fine Granulated Sugar, $17.84 at Amazon
These easy salad recipes will surely encourage you to start eating healthy. These dishes are very easy to recreate using ingredients that you can easily buy. Start slowly but surely when it comes to changing the way you eat. For more healthy recipes, you can click here or you can visit TeelieTurner.com.
Just a disclaimer – We have partnered with these companies because we use their products and/or proudly trust and endorse them – so we do receive a commission if you make a purchase or sign up for services. Often, we are able to negotiate special discounts and/or bonuses, which we will pass on to you via our links. We often get short notice on sale items available for 24-48 hours as we will pass these savings onto you.