When it comes to fashion, it’s all about versatility. You need to think of the different ways you can wear something before choosing a fashion piece. This season, summer dresses are in. They are playful, vibrant, and colorful, which makes them an all-around fashion item. Did you know that you could wear summer dresses for other special occasions? The key is to look for prints and styles to match every kind of occasion you can think of.
Mini dresses are girly yet playful at the same time. Choose printed summer dresses that are not too bold but still have a personality. Pair this dress with comfy flats, sandals or heels to complete your look. Check out these dresses we’ve picked out.
1. Beach Riot x Revolve Summer Dress, $142 at Revolve 2. Haute Hippie Endless Summer Dress, $149.97 at Nordstrom Rack 3. AX Paris Printed Summer Dress, $52.50 at Simply Be 4. Nasty Gal Suddenly Last Summer Floral Dress, $60 at Nasty Gal 5. Lilly Pulitzer Fiesta Stretch Dress, $188 at Lilly Pulitzer
Choosing a mid-length dress can be tricky. You need to choose the right length and print to make it fit for an important occasion. This dress looks perfect with your favorite high heels. Here are our selections for mid-length dresses.
1. Bali Blue Hand Crafted Balinese Batik Cotton Summer Dress, $119.99 at Novica 2. Etsy Simple Linen Summer Dress, $73.66 at Etsy 3. Coral and Mint Leaf Summer Shirt Dress, $29.99 at Zulily 4. Chelsea28 Button Front Tie Back Cotton Dress, $149 at Nordstrom 5. Club Monaco Yohara Dress, $149 at Club Monaco
A maxi dress is a fashionable piece that goes with a casual event or a formal one. Just choose the right style and print and you’re good to go. You can wear it this summer and during any party or event. Pair it with your stylish sandals or fancy footwear to match. Check out our favorites.
1. Etsy Maxi Summer Dress, $37 at Etsy 2. Etsy Hand Dyed Black Maxi Summer Dress, $37 at Etsy 3. Eliza J Floral Print Halter Maxi Dress, $158 at Nordstrom 4. BP Floral Button Front Maxi Dress, $35.40 at Nordstrom 5. Faithfull The Brand Bergamo Maxi Dress, $189 at Revolve
Summer dresses don’t have to be floral or printed. They can also be in solid shades. Choose a subtle shade of pinks or blues. You can also choose monochromatic shades as long as you select the right cut for the summer. Pair it with pumps, sandals, or heels. These are our favorite picks.
1. Lilly Pulitzer Brewster T, $98 at Lilly Pulitzer 2. dRA Monique Dress, $168 at ShopBop.com 3. Kylian Off-The-Shoulder Mini Dress, $109.99 at Off 5th 4. Off-The-Shoulder Linen-Blend Shift Dress, $32.97 at Old Navy 5. Trumpet Sleeve Tiered Hem Dress, $13.99 at Romwe
Ruffles and frills are also trending this summer. This style is classic and timeless fashion trend goes with anything. Whether you’re going to the beach or you’re attending a cocktail party, a ruffled dress will give you that extra fashion statement. Wearing them with heels or sandals completes the look. There are some of our favorite ruffled dresses.
1. Sundry Crossover Ruffle Midi Dress, $138 at ShopBop.com 2. Whoa, Wait Cha Cha Ruffle Dress, $16.88 at Walmart 3. Bardot Bea Cold Shoulder Ruffle Dress, $109 at Nordstrom 4. Show Me Your Mumu Caitlin Ruffle Maxi Dress, $172 at Show Me Your Mumu 5. Allison Britney Women’s Ruffle Neck Peasant Dress, $14 at Walmart
Turn your summer dresses into a fashion statement during a special occasion. These summer dresses for special occasions are great for this season as well as any other significant events.
Just a disclaimer – We have partnered with these companies because we use their products and/or proudly trust and endorse them – so we do receive a commission if you make a purchase or sign up for services. Often, we are able to negotiate special discounts and/or bonuses, which we will pass on to you via our links. We often get